We Are Water From The Rock -
Breaking the Cycle of Poverty and
Illiteracy by Empowering the Lives
Interested in learning more?
Water From The Rock (WFTR) is a faith-based, 501c(3), non-profit organization created in November 1999 by Deborah Galloway, to help economically disadvantaged women make a successful transition into the workforce by providing them with the necessary tools for interviewing and job retention. In 2002 WFTR was included as an outreach ministry of the Mount Olive Baptist Church, Arlington, Texas and was incorporated in June 2002.
Since its inception, Water From The Rock has grown and now provides an array of services, free of charge, to adults, eighteen (18) years and above to enhance their literacy levels and increase their employment marketability. The services provided are:
• Adult Literacy –
1) English Language Acquisition classes (formerly called ESL
2) High School Equivalency classes (formerly called GED
• Job-Readiness Services –
1) Computer Literacy classes and
2) Professional clothing for job interviews/work
3) Career Planning Workshops
• Support Services –
1) Food Pantry
2) Clothing for individuals in transition
• Referral Assistance to other organizations in the community
The mission of WFTR is to empower individuals to break the cycle of poverty and illiteracy through educational and support services.
Water From the Rock is governed by a nine-member Board of Directors.
BOARD OF DIRECTORS